National Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN)
The PTPTN Education Loan Scheme was set up with the aim of providing education loans to students pursuing their studies in local institutions of higher learning (IPT). This loan will enable students to fully or partially pay their fees and their subsistence for the duration of their study in the IPT. Thus, this scheme provides greater opportunities to students to continue their tertiary education.
The scope of the PTPTN education loan facility is open to students pursuing studies at the diploma, first degree, master, doctorate and professional courses levels in IPTs.
Here are some helpful insights on how to apply for the PTPTN loan.
- Open a Bank Islam Savings Account.
- Purchase a pin number for PTPTN loan appilacation at any Bank Simpanan Nasional branch.
- Open SSPN-i account at any PTPTN, Maybank or Bank Islam branch.
- Submit online application at www.ptptn.gov.my before:
March 15, May 15, August 15 or October 15.
- Check application status after 7 working days.
- Print agreement and submit it to Department of Government and External Liaison with relevant documents.
- Payment will be made twice a year provided student maintain a GPA 2.0 and above every semester.
NOTE: Check application status at www.ptptn.gov.my after 7 working days from the date mentioned above. Please check Terms & Conditions of PTPTN at www.ptptn.gov.my.
For further assistance, please contact Department of Government & External Liaison.
Employees Provident Fund
This scheme allows qualified EPF members to withdraw their savings from the second account to finance either their study or their children’s study. The purpose is to finance education fees (which includes tutorials fees, practical training fees, lab fees, library fees), hostel fees and flight fees and flight tickets only.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- A Malaysian citizen; or
- A Permanent Resident; or
- A Malaysian citizen who have withdrawn your savings under Leaving The Country Withdrawal before 1 August 1995 but subsequently returned and re-contribute to EPF; or
- A Non-Malaysian citizen (Expatriate) who became a member of the EPF before 1 August 1998.
You need to have savings in your Account II and you must also have not reached 55 years of age on the date the application is received by the EPF.
You must have remaining balance in your Account II to be eligible to apply because all education-related withdrawals are made against your Account II.
Please follow the simple EPF withdrawal procedures below to ensure your time and energy are put to good use.
- Contact EPF Office & enquire about the process & documentation requirements.
- Request for “Student Confirmation Letter” from Department of Admissions & Records at EWIC.
- Department of Admissions & Records will issue a “Letter of Confirmation” & the required attachment within 2 working days.
- Submit both documents (mentioned in Step 3) to EPF office.
- EPF will deposit money every semester into EWIC account within 2 weeks of approval.
- Any excess payment will be credited into the tuition fees of the following semester.
For more detailed information regarding the scholarship or loan procedures, please get in touch with the Marketing Department/Student Affair’s from 9am until 6pm, every Monday to Friday.